Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Marvellous Toy

Here is another song we have learned:

Marvellous Toy - Tom Paxton=============

When I was just a wee little lad
Full of health and joy
My father homeward came one night
And gave to me a toy
A wonder to behold it was with many colours bright
And the moment I laid eyes on it, it became my heart’s delight.

And it went whoosh when it moved, and (pop) when it stopped and brrr when it stood still
I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will

The first time that I picked it up I got a big surprise
For right on the bottom were two big buttons that looked like big green eyes.
I first pushed one and then the other, and then I twisted its lid
And when I put it down again, well this is what it did.

Chorus

It first marched left and then marched right, and then marched under a chair.
And when I looked around again, it wasn't even there
I started to cry, but my daddy laughed cos he knew that I would find
When I looked around, my marvellous toy was coming from behind.

Chorus

Well, the years have gone by too swiftly it seems, now I have my own little boy
And yesterday, I gave to him my marvellous little toy.
His eyes nearly popped right out of his head, he gave a squeal of glee
Neither one of us knows just what it is, but he loves it just like me

1 comment:

Kimbos said...

I like the marvellous
Toy because I wish
I had a marvellous
toy to