Saturday, February 3, 2007

We like this poem:

My Uncle James by Margaret Mahy


My Uncle James was a terrible man
He cooked his wife in the frying pan.
She's far too tender to bake or boil!
He cooked her up in peanut oil.
But sometime later- a month or more-
There came a knock on my uncle's door.
A great green devil was standing there.
He caught my uncle by the hair.
"Are you the uncle that cookied his wife,
And leads such a terribly wicked life?"
My uncle yowled like an old tom cat,
But the devil took him, for all of that.
Oh, take a tip from my Uncle James!
Don't throw stones and don't call names.
Just be as good as ever you can-
And never cook aunts in a frying pan!
-Margaret Mahy

3 comments:

Mrs Pond said...

Hi 2M,

I loved reading about you all on your blog. I really liked the photo of you all under the tree. I would love to have my lunch in such a great spot each day. Mr M, looks like a very nice teacher - I hope you have lots of fun learning with him. I like to draw with Uncle Fred too! Stuart told me about the website and I do it with my class now - they think it is cool. Have a happy day and I look forward to reading and seeing more about 2M soon.

Have a happy day
from
Stuart's Aunty Teena

Mrs Pond said...

Hello Stuart and 2M

We think your blogspot is soooo cool. We really, really liked the animations pictures and we wanted to tell you that we have fun making animations on Stickman too!

Catch you later
Stuart's cousins
Bradley and Matthew

GeorfZ said...

this was my favourite pre-school poem.